August 26, 2008

REBECCA’S “CAPRI”

Isn’t she beautiful?

One of the hardest parts about being away from home is not seeing my friends go through such important & happy milestones….Right after I moved to Rhode Island my girl friend Rebecca told me that her hubby Bryan had knocked her up! ;) I was sooooo excited for her, yet so bummed I wouldn’t get to see her belly grow & be there for her over the next 9 months….Rebecca and I have shared so many wonderful memories, she is one of my closest friends. Where did the time go? It seems like just yesterday we were partying it up at her parents house, dating (not so cool) Army boys & thinking about moving to Florida.....When she was pregnant with her son Nathan we were only acquaintances really, so I missed out on her first time around…This time I don’t even live in the same state as her, just my luck! Bad planning on her part! HA!.....Just the other day she sent me the cutest photo ever! I couldn’t wait to see what she looked like. Completely adorable! Don’t ya think? I am so happy for her! She deserves all the happiness in the world….Her life has changed so much in the past 2 years thanks to her husband. She met Bryan at her Holiday work party in 2006, I remember the night she came home to the townhouse that we were living in together-she told me that she had met the man of her dreams & she just knew they would get married some day soon. I thought she was CRAZY! :) To my surprise…a wedding followed just a couple of months later in North Carolina, then a beautiful townhouse was purchased in South Riding, VA & now a baby is on his/her way! Like I said she deserves it all….I wish I could be there though…since I cant, I look forward to receiving more updated “belly pics” on a regular basis over the last few months! As far as the lyrics below…they are off Colbie Caillat’s CD. I just sent it to Rebecca for her recent birthday. “Capri” is the track’s title, it came to mind when she told me about her wonderful news!

“She’s got a baby inside

And holds her belly tight
All through the night
Just so she knows
She’s sleeping so
Safely to keep
Her growing
And oh when she'll open her eyes
There'll be no surprise
That she'll grow to be
So beautifully
Just like her mother
That’s carrying
Oh Capri
She’s beauty
Baby inside she’s loving
Oh Capri
She’s beauty
There is and angel growin’ peacefully
Oh Capri
Sweet baby…”

“Capri” ~Colbie Caillat~

1 comment:

Becca Lynn said...

Oh Shay-Shay, we miss you too. Nathan is always asking about you. I will send you pics as I grow bigger and you will be one of the first to know if it is a boy or a girl. We find out in two weeks!! I can't wait to see you over the holidays!