May 28, 2010
(totally digging these.)
.....my parents Linda & Roy are coming to visit us from home!!!!! (Virginia)
The weather's gonna be pretty darn decent. (minus a few showers that probably won't even happen)
This is me, the lil girl in me-JUMPING FOR JOY!!! Let the family time begin!
P.S. My sister now lives in NY...the other day THIS (actual photo) lil bear was outside of her office. Uhhh. Cute yet scary.
May 27, 2010
HAPPY TAILS HOME
PET SITTING SERVICE by Justin & Amanda Kimmel
FOR SPECIAL RATES PLEASE EMAIL: HappyTailsHome@yahoo.com
(Don’t forget to mention that Shannon sent you!)
Happy Tails Home will give your pets a Home Away from Home! We watch your pets at our home, unless you'd like us to watch them at your house... we'd be happy to do that as well! Just give us a call if you’re in a pinch or if you have a vacation planned far out. We'll be there for you!
Dogs, Cats, Birds, Fish, Hermit Crabs, Iguana’s, Hamsters, Gerbils, Mice, Ferrets.....Any kind of animal interests us!
***BECOME A FAN OF HAPPY TAILS HOME ON FACEBOOK!
May 26, 2010
*These wildflowers (OK-maybe they are really weeds-HA) were in our backyard! I decided to do a lil project by cutting them down, putting them in mason jars & adding water! How pretty!
May 25, 2010
May 24, 2010
Don't forget! "The Bachelorette" premiers tonight! I will DEF be watching this! Ali was my favorite from the most recent "The Bachelor"! ***Love the converse-nice touch!
2. I lied again...HA...yep...so this weekend wasn’t entirely about ME. Saturday we had Sue's SURPRISE bridal shower @ Adam's Mill in Manchester, CT @ 11am! Holy surprises for Sue lately! HA! I think she was a bit shocked….photos to come this week! But in the mean time here are 2 photos of the location…
3. I organized our house from TOP to BOTTOM this weekend! I feel soooo good about the HUGE project I took on while Steve was @ Bryan’s bachelor party w/ the boys for 3 days!
4. Our bedroom officially has a peacock theme! Peacock feathers, peacock wreath, peacock curtains from Pier One-which I found on clearance (see photo) & a few other decorative items! It SOUNDS a bit too much but I swear it’s tasteful-yet funky & colorful-just how we like it!
5. Tonight is date night w/ my hubby!!! I heart date nights! Since I thought Putnam was such a cute area Friday night I’m bringing Steve back to the quaint lil town this evening! We have a http://www.restaurant.com/ $25 coupon certificate that we purchased for only $2! We are using it @ the Italian place called “Bella’s Bistro”…YAY for having dinner outside again! I love this weather!
6. CONGRATS TO MIKE HOKE & HIS NOW FIANCE KAT!!! They got engaged Saturday on the beach in California! Message in a bottle style! What an adorable proposal story! The bride-to-be is beaming!
7. MY PARENTS ARE VISITING THIS LONG MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND!!! WOO! HOO! I am so excited about their trip up this way. For once we will really get to share some quality time with them in CT. All of their other trips have been so hectic. We are going to do a lil sight seeing, relaxing, memory making & weather enjoying! I AM PUMPED!!!
May 21, 2010
Steve's @ Bryan's bachelor party this weekend so I've got the house alllllll to myself! I always miss him when we are away from each other but at the same time it can be a lil refreshing to have some ME time. As well as it's always healthy to have a few days away from your loverrrrrrr. I will be focused on taking care of things around the house, running errands, having girl time, catching up on DVR, enjoying the weather & tons more! For once I'm not going to commit to anything...I'm going to do what I want to do at that particular time! Boy does this feel good!
OMG did anyone see the season finale of "Grey's Anatomy" last night??? HOLY SH*T!!! That was NUTZ! I won't give anything away, but BEST finale EVER!!! 2 hrs-well worth it! Jaw dropping! I had totally forgot about it until Amy texted me asking if I was watching it---right then I ran into the bedroom & started it up!...Do you see the FEAR in this girl's eyes? That doesn't even come close to describing this horrific episode. I have to say that this is a MUST SEE, ASAP...even if you aren't a Grey's fan! ***I saved it on our DVR, I am sooo watching it again w/ Steve on Sunday when he comes home!
I'll leave you with this....one of my favorite forever ago songs "We Didn't Start the Fire" ~Billy Joel~
Harry Truman, Doris Day, Red China, Johnnie Ray South Pacific, Walter Winchell, Joe DiMaggio Joe McCarthy, Richard Nixon, Studebaker, television North Korea, South Korea, Marilyn Monroe Rosenbergs, H-Bomb, Sugar Ray, Panmunjom Brando, "The King and I", and "The Catcher in the Rye" Eisenhower, vaccine, England's got a new queen Marciano, Liberace, Santayana goodbyeCHORUSWe didn't start the fireIt was always burningSince the world's been turningWe didn't start the fireNo we didn't light itBut we tried to fight itJosef Stalin, Malenkov, Nasser and Prokofiev Rockefeller, Campanella, Communist Bloc Roy Cohn, Juan Peron, Toscanini, DacronDien Bien Phu Falls, Rock Around the Clock Einstein, James Dean, Brooklyn's got a winning teamDavy Crockett, Peter Pan, Elvis Presley, Disneyland Bardot, Budapest, Alabama, KhrushchevPrincess Grace, Peyton Place, Trouble in the Suez We didn't start the fireIt was always burningSince the world's been turningWe didn't start the fireNo we didn't light itBut we tried to fight it Little Rock, Pasternak, Mickey Mantle, KerouacSputnik, Zhou Enlai, Bridge On The River Kwai Lebanon, Charles de Gaulle, California Baseball, Starkweather homicide, Children of ThalidomideBuddy Holly, Ben Hur, Space Monkey, MafiaHula Hoops, Castro, Edsel is a no-go U2, Syngman Rhee, payola and KennedyChubby Checker, Psycho, Belgians in the Congo We didn't start the fireIt was always burningSince the world's been turningWe didn't start the fireNo we didn't light itBut we tried to fight it Hemingway, Eichmann, Stranger in a Strange Land,Dylan, Berlin, Bay of Pigs invasion Lawrence of Arabia, British BeatlemaniaOle Miss, John Glenn, Liston beats Patterson Pope Paul, Malcolm X, British Politician sexJ.F.K. blown away, what else do I have to say We didn't start the fireIt was always burningSince the world's been turningWe didn't start the fireNo we didn't light itBut we tried to fight it Birth control, Ho Chi Minh, Richard Nixon back againMoonshot, Woodstock, Watergate, punk rockBegin, Reagan, Palestine, Terror on the airlineAyatollah's in Iran, Russians in Afghanistan Wheel of Fortune, Sally Ride, heavy metal suicideForeign debts, homeless Vets, AIDS, Crack, Bernie GoetzHypodermics on the shores, China's under martial lawRock and Roller cola wars, I can't take it anymore We didn't start the fireIt was always burning since the world's been turning.We didn't start the fireBut when we are goneIt will still burn on, and on, and on, and on...We didn't start the fireIt was always burningSince the world's been turningWe didn't start the fireNo we didn't light itBut we tried to fight it We didn't start the fireIt was always burningSince the world's been turningWe didn't start the fireNo we didn't light itBut we tried to fight it We didn't start the fireIt was always burningSince the world's been turningWe didn't start the fire...
May 20, 2010
These were the guys that surrounded us @ the View Lounge in Providence 2 Saturday nights ago...WOW. This actually makes me really miss the guys in NOVA/DC all decked out in Abercrombie, American Eagle, Express & Pacific Sunwear! HA!
May 19, 2010
(MMM MEAT: Natalie, Jamie & Lindsey)