May 4, 2009

HAPPY 25TH BIRTHDAY SIS

Happy 25th Birthday Ashley!!! I hope you have a fabulous one!!! Sorry Steve & I can't be there to help you celebrate this evening! Have fun @ dinner w/ Louis, Mom & Dad! Keep a look out for our card & remember...you will get your gifts when you all get up here in June! Per your request of course... HA!.....Here is an "oldie but goodie" kind of shout out to hold you over! My speech for your wedding! Enjoy....again! ;)


Good evening everyone, for those of you who don't know me, my name is Shannon, I'm Ashley's one & only sister! Yes, I'm older & yes my younger sister is now officially married before me……..Id like to thank all of you for coming to good ole WV to help celebrate Ashley & Louis's marriage…….
*
Mom & Dad
Thank you so much for all that you have done over the past year and a 1/2. On behalf of the 3 of us I just want you to know how much we appreciate all of the love & support you have given to your kids. I know Ash & Lou are very thankful for all of the time & hard work you have put towards this amazing day…..So thanks again…..
*
Ashley
Wow, I can't believe that today is your wedding day….let me just tell you how extremely beautiful you look. You have seriously taken my breath away. You just seem so happy. You are truly one lucky girl to have Louis sitting by your side; I know that you know that……Let me take a quick trip down memory lane…….
*
It seems like just yesterday when I slammed your finger in the car door on the way to the pool, when you were "splish splashing" in the hot tub in IN, when we thought sharing a bedroom would be the best idea ever, not knowing it would only last a few days, when you had your cute mouse voice & mushroom styled hair-do,
*
when I punched you in the stomach & I didn't get into any trouble, because you told me to do it, when we both wore braces, perms & scrunchies, when we played dress up & made home videos…not to mention music videos in our ice skating skirts, when I watched you cheerlead on the basketball court and football field in HS, when we fought about boys & who's friends were who's,
*
when the name & words TOMASH & "quansa patansa" were used on a regular basis, when I gave you your first haircut in NC & last but not least the day you came to me saying you had met MR. Louis Damon Wesley, an "extra extra large" vest wearing bad boy from Centreville, VA…….
*
Louis
Thank you for making my sister so incredibly happy, you continue to treat her like a princess every day, thank you for being an amazing father to Madeline, you have raised her so well, you should be very proud of yourself, thank you for contributing to our family, thank you for giving our Dad the son he always wanted, and me the brother I always wanted…..thankfully I no longer have to help mulch, we now all know you are a pro at yard work, thank you for taking care of Ashley's channel earrings & coach purse obsessions, thank you for wearing flip flops in the dead of winter, that makes me laugh every time, thank you for being you & fitting in so easily. Thank you for being Ashley's perfect match.
*
Now on w/ the toast…..
Lets raise our glasses to the bride who knows what she wants and isn't afraid to ask for it! To love, laughter & happily ever after….oh and to many more "rock outs" Lou! To Ashley & Louis! I love you guys! Congrats!

No comments: