December 9, 2008

BLACK & WHITE...SIMPLE AS THAT

So when we moved into our apartment 6 months ago I really wanted to decorate the guest room using the color purple…all different shades…purple-purple, plum, lavender ect…but for some reason I couldn’t find anything I liked! Sooo we decided to change the color scheme to black & white! I don’t know why but I have been pretty picking about finding items that I think go w/ the idea I had. Finally over the past few months & recent weeks I found some pieces & thought of some ideas to spruce the room up a bit!

Black Flowers @ Michaels... Black & White candles sticks from a store on Block Island.
Frame from IKEA...the snowflake print is actually wrapping paper! Cool huh? I am going to put an 8x10 photo on top of the print once the picture arrives in the mail.
A sparkly Christmas ornament found @ TJ Maxx in place of a candle.
Shade found on www.LampsPlus.com ...
Two (other one not shown) sparkly Christmas candles from Kohls.

No comments: