January 22, 2009

RIP UNCLE ROBERT


Today has been a lil bit of a blur for me…while I am here in RI my family is having a funeral for my (Great) Uncle Robert. One of the downfalls of being up North away from home is being away from things like this. My Uncle Robert passed away on Saturday due to an aneurism. He went into the hospital knowing he had to have surgery but not knowing he wouldn’t come out of the procedure. I am so extremely sadden by this. Most people aren’t very close to their Great Uncle, but I was. My whole family was…My Uncle Robert was my Grandfather’s brother. (While I am typing I find it so strange to talk about him in past tense…) All of us are a pretty darn, tight knit kind of family. So as you can imagine the news of him passing has been a bit hard for me to handle, especially being so far away from everyone. I still can’t believe he is gone….When my mom called me I was in complete shock, my body started shaking & my eyes started filling up with tears. I can’t even imagine what my (Great) Aunt Peggy & Grandfather are going through. Uncle Robert seemed so young! He was sooo very active! He traveled all the time, hunted almost every weekend & talked to you as if he was many years younger then he was. He didn’t seem “old”. Not at all…It’s so sad to think about how fast life can be taken away from someone…pretty much in a blink of an eye, out of the blue, without even expecting it. Luckily most of my family has been able to be there for my Aunt Peggy. I’m sure she has been living a nightmare over the past few days….I really wish I could be home right now. All I can do is hope & pray that Uncle Robert is in a better place….heaven will be lucky to have him, along with his great smile, his distinctive laugh, his “bowl full of jelly” & of course his toothpicks…

RIP ROBERT WAMPLER 1-17-09

3 comments:

Care said...

Sorry to hear about your family member. I'm sure he's smiling down on you right now. Chin up girlie. :)

Robin said...

I know exactly how you feel, and I'm so sorry. Andy's and my grandpa died this past Thursday morning. He had pancreatic cancer and we didn't expect it to come this soon. I found out and had to leave work, and couldn't be with my family in Maine, either. I can't imagine what my grandma is going through (it happened on her birthday, too) and how my mom and her 2 sisters feel. Everything seems okay during the day, but some nights are worse than other. If you need someone to talk to, I am here, and I am going through the same thing. Hope you are okay.

Robin

Anonymous said...

Your family just got another guardian angel :o). I think I remember your Uncle Robert
I didn't realize Andy & Robin's grandfather passed away too :o(. I wish Andy was better about keeping in touch!
love you...xoxoxo em