March 18, 2009

WE BOUGHT A HOUSE

YEP!!!!! WE BOUGHT A HOUSE!!!!! If you haven't heard already.....

THIS IS IT!!! Isn't it gorgeous? We are so in LOVE with it.


It all happened so fast! We had been looking online at houses for over a year so we knew what we wanted! We really lucked out & are still in complete shock that we will own our brand new pad in just a couple of months! The deal was too good to pass up so we took a big chance & went for it! This was the scariest yet most exciting thing ever....well worth it since we were informed of the good news on Monday!

It is a brand new 3 bedroom, 3 level house on 1 acre of land in Sterling, CT!!!!! It will be completely finished by 4/1/09. We will get to move into our new home in May! The house is located in a brand new kid friendly development & sits at the top of the cul-de-sac!!! I am very excited about that part...I grew up on a private drive in a cul-de-sac! I had the best childhood ever because of it....we played night tag, kick ball, rode our bikes & chased each other around all summer long....I can only imagine our FUTURE kids doing the same exact thing....(Don't fret Steve...I said future!)

As I think about all of the good things that keep coming our way...I can’t help but think something bad is about to happen….How awful is that?....I said this to Steve the other night….I normally don’t think negatively but I can’t help but wonder why things have been turning out so great for us! It all seems too good to be true….Maybe it’s just all hitting me at once because it is FINALLY my turn! I’ve gone through plenty of broken hearts, I’ve had a ton of patience & I’ve worked really hard over the past several years…maybe it’s just all paying off…all at once! Who knows…..I definitely count my blessings every day that’s for sure….& I thank my family as well for being there for me & keeping my head on my shoulders…I wouldn’t be where I am today & the person I am today if it wasn’t for them…

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Congrats again Shannon! The house is beautiful. I'm so happy for you. AND no nothing bad is going to happen... like you said, its finally your turn!!! Good things always come to those who wait! You deserve this so just relax and enjoy!! :)

Natalie said...

i hope i'm included in the "family" that you thanked so lovingly. i KNOW i contributed to your ass making it where you are today. hahaha. :)

Care said...

Congrats! the house is gorgeous and with your adorable decorating it's sure to be incredible. Clear skies for miles Shannon, life is good. : )

Matthew, Eve, Noah, Noelle, and Brooke said...

OMG Shannon it is beautiful!!! I'm so glad you guys were able to buy at such a great time. Wishing you many years of happiness and wonderful memories there!!!