June 5, 2009

MY FAMILY WILL BE HERE TONIGHT!!!!! :)

Can you tell I am excited??? My parents Roy & Linda & my brother-in-law Louis will be here this evening! I cannot wait to see them! We are all sooo extremely close. It has been so hard being away from them...This past month has been pretty stressful & overwhelming which has made me cry quite a bit. (Poor Steve...) I have sobbed (literally) a few times due to the following: Our apartment being in shambles & 90% packed up for the past few weeks (i despise being unorganized), my sister canceling on coming w/ my fam this weekend (yes, I know a bachie party @ the beach will be more fun, but still dude! HA! Kidding!), the many paperwork mistakes, delays & run arounds with our house, a lil bit of unwanted female *harsh* drama (save it for your mama!), my best friend Emily moving all the way to California, the lack of friends from home calling & visiting (due to money & busy schedules...i know, I know.) & the realization that yes we only have little things left to do for the wedding, but there are A LOT of little things that need to be completed! Ummm and a bunch more, it's just too long to list! Sooo as you can imagine all of this added up & eventually broke me down. Thankfully Steve is a sweetheart & dealt w/ my tears each time by giving me lots of hugs & kisses & telling me everything will be OK. That’s all I can ask for, a lil bit of reassurance & love……As you can see in the photo below I was a bit down in the dumps & “looked” like this on the inside (I put looked in quotations bc I am pretty good at hiding my negative emotions or feelings at work and on FB or MS…for the most part I don’t like complaining or letting people know I am sad, unless it’s needed) for the past 3-4 weeks.
Sooooo as you can imagine I seriously can’t wait to see them tonight!!!!! Perfect timing in my eyes. Their visit is VERY needed!!!!!

When it comes to our weekend plans they are pretty simple… well at least mine & my mom’s are...sorta. While the boys are out doing their thannnggg…To start off, Linda is going to get her hair did @ Joden Salon. She is doing a trial run blow-dry & style out for the wedding to get an idea of what she wants done that day. While she is being pampered I’m gonna get a long over due manicure. After the salon we are having lunch @ the funky NYLO hotel, then we are gonna head to Kohl’s & pick up mine & Steve’s new bedding by Daisy Fuentes! My parents are giving this to us early off of our registry so we can have it when we are finally handed the keys to our new home! Isn’t it pretty??? I love the dainty black flowers! We are going to throw in some royal blue paint & accents to add color to the room!

After Kohl's (which BTW is having a HUGE sale this weekend!) we are gonna run a few more errands & then head back to our apartment so I can re-try on my wedding dress! I have been waiting to do this for many months! The only time I tried it on was in the lil boutique I found it in, in Virginia a few days after our Christmas vacation there. I keep having to look at the photos my sister & Natalie took of me wearing it to remind myself of how much I fell in love with it!!!!! I am dying to put it on w/ all of my accessories! YAY! Hopefully it still fits!...KIDDING. ;).....Thennnnn after that we are going over to Crystal's house in CT to have a super nice dinner w/ the girls-including Jess who will be in town from PA! Crystal is making a surprise meal & desert for all of us. What a sweetie!....To top this all off we are doing my favorite thing...dressing up! HA! I’m such a dork...but I love dressing up! It will make the evening even more fun in general & of course even more fun for LOTS of photos!!!

3 comments:

Care said...

"unwanted female *harsh* drama " Give me names and numbers... :)

love the bedding!

Matthew, Eve, Noah, Noelle, and Brooke said...

aww I'm sorry you've been sad lately! Moving and wedding planning are really stressful. Not to mention female drama! :( I'm glad your family will be in town to cheer you up!

Anonymous said...

Our 343,502 e-mails exchanged each day don't count as correspondence? :(

If anyone can relate to being down in the dumps, it's me. I totally feel you, but I don't have an adorable fiance to bury my head into. So really, I deserve more sympathy than anyone. haha.

I hope you have a grrrreat weekend with your fam!