June 26, 2009

QUICK UPDATE

I’ve been informed that I have been a bit MIA lately. This is true. No internet service & minimal phone service can make a person MIA...& go crazy! ;) Just a quick update...We are ALMOST settled in our new house! It’s been a VERY overwhelming & busy week to say the least! Friday, we closed, moved & started the unpacking process! Friday night-Sun afternoon we were in DC for Hila & Bobby's BEAUTIFUL/ELEGANT wedding. Simply breathtaking. (tons of photos to come once we get wireless for our laptop!) When landed in CT & pulled up our driveway around 2pm just in time for Steve to head to his baseball game & for me to start diving into the millions of boxes we had in the garage. Steve got back a few hours later. By the time the evening rolled around we realized the hot water we had on Friday had disappeared. Let me tell you, that was NO fun! We were stuck w/ ICE cold water from Sunday night until Wednesday night. I was determined to wash my hair each morning & take a "ghetto" styled shower before heading to work. Since we now have oil heat we had to have the oil company come out to fix the issue. Luckily the problem didn’t last longer then it did!........There are still a few minor items here and there that need to be taken care of. This crazy rollercoaster ride is thankfully coming to an end...OH THE JOYS OF OWNING A HOME! ;).....Every night after work we have been working our butts off getting things taken care of. I guess it’s a good thing we don’t have TV or internet yet. Otherwise we'd be plopped on the couch the min we walked through the door!.....In between everything we have had the chance to have a few visitors stop by! Wed night Jesse, Danielle, Sue & Heidi came over for hamburgers & a quick tour! It was so nice to see them & show them around! Last night Amy, Jacob & the kids came over for (more) hamburgers, wine, a quick tour, yard sale "shopping" (HA!), the building of a firepot & the burning of wood/boxes/ect! Steve actually made this fire pit w/ the help of Jacob! It looks awesome! Very simple! He found the perfect spot for it, plus it’s free! We can't wait to pull some chairs up & sit around it this summer!...While we were outside last night I noticed 2 things that made me smile & made me feel a bit more "at home"...1. There were a TON of stars in the sky above our neighborhood! I haven’t seen stars like this since living at home in VA or staying the night at my parent’s house in WV! They were beautiful...I will be looking forward to drinking wine on our back deck while gazing up at them over the next few months...2. I noticed a blinking light here & there...& over there! What were they I asked myself??? Then I realized...Fireflies!!! I love fireflies! They remind me of my childhood...& the rings I used to make! HA!... It's just another one of those small things that just get's to me...I stood there on our long driveway & said out loud to myself...I could get used to this......Its funny, after talking to Amy last night I was telling her that I really do have the best of both worlds....I work in RI where there are malls & shopping centers everywhere down the street & I live in CT which is 30 mins away from my office where its the "country", little towns, wild flowers & fields. I’m thinking I’m going to be VERY happy.

OOOH...one last thing for my family & friends @ home, here is our schedule for the weekend:
FRI: unpack, unpack, unpack, organize, and decorate...hang yard sale signs
SAT: yard sale, unpack, organize, decorate, drinks w/ friends @ our house
SUN: Steve's double header baseball games, laying out on the back deck, unpack, organize, decorate

That is all. Everyone have a LOVELY weekend! HUGS! :)

No comments: