June 26, 2009

A SHOCKING WEEK IN HOLLYWOOD

As everyone knows by now...besides the passing of Ed McMahon just the other day... Farrah Fawcett was next, followed by Michael Jackson on July 25th, 2009. You always hear that death comes in threes.... I am in COMPLETE shock about MJ…..Ed & Farrah too, but I think we all had a feeling their time was coming... Like I said, what a shocking week in Hollywood & for the entire world…I was on my way home from work yesterday when I had heard on the radio that Michael had gone into cardiac arrest. I couldn’t help but start thinking about all of the NEGATIVE things that we all had heard & read over the past several years…radio DJ’s were talking about the nickname he recently received…”Wacko Jacko”….I don’t think anyone really knew he wouldn’t get up out of that hospital bed…..30 mins later I got home & felt sooo out of the loop- news wise. We still don’t have our cable or internet hooked up yet, so as you can imagine I was struggling not knowing what was going on. About and hour had gone by when I received several text messages & calls-literally all at once, from friends here & friends & family from home. Most of my texts read…Michael Jackson is dead @ age 50!!!.........HOLY SH*T I said out loud! I was in pure SHOCK, just as every human being was…It’s was almost unbelievable…could it be a sick joke I thought? I checked my AOL email through my phone & received 4 CNN breaking news messages. The last one confirmed his passing. This was when my negative thoughts started to change…I started to think about all of the POSITIVE music he had made and the POSTIIVE things he had done for many people throughout his life. He was an ICON, he was the KING OF POP. Words can’t even describe how huge he was…If you think about Michael Jackson & remember his music I’m sure each song brings you back to a certain day, place, time or year in your life. I bet you can remember where you were when you heard one of his songs or watched one of his music videos. I’m pretty sure that no matter what you believed in regards to all of those years he spent in court defending himself, all of those plastic surgeries & all of the name calling…you ended up washing it all away… even if it was just for a little bit. Here's just a “handful” of things that have crossed my mind ever since yesterday evening…to name a few….. “It Don’t Matter If You’re Black or White”, his infamous silver sparkling glove, “ABC”, the moon walk, “Man in the Mirror”, Lisa Marie Presley, "Billy Jean", the “Jackson 5” movie (which I watch EVERY time its on TV), Free Willy, “Thriller”, his unbelievable dance moves, “We Are the World”, McCauley Culkin, "Scream", his black slip on shoes paired w/ white socks, “Man In the Mirror”………of course the list goes on & on…it’s really never-ending. So take some time the next few days to soak in all of his tunes, documentaries that are going to be shown on air & all of the happy memories that MJ has made for you… let all of it bring a huge smile to your face & make a warm place in your heart… & please, just don’t forget…“Don’t Stop Till YOU Get Enough”

PS: Billy Welch-I am sorry for your loss, I know Michael Jackson was your hero.




*
*
*
RIP Farrah Fawcett...forever beautiful.

No comments: