September 23, 2008

BLOCK ISLAND



We totally used the timer for this one by propping the camera up on a rock....

Us @ lil Will's birthday party....
I think this is so neat....love the contrast of the light....

I only got little splashes....
No, I didnt line these up....they were like this on the beach...artsy esque.

Two seconds later Steve was SOAKED! Great action shot!

Romantic....
This was the ferry we took over....the top deck @ 9am=VERY windy...
Awwwe...Jacob & Amy @ lil Will's birthday party...
Lots & lots of bikes....
Instead of "Where's Waldo" how about "Where's Bill Lumbergh" from "Office Space"...HA!
Johnston Park Apple Festival....I think birds are just drawn to him....

As promised...here is what I captured from the Johnston Park Apple Festival, lil Will's birthday party, Block Island & the curls that I am sporting today since I came across my awesome Revlon 1 inch barrel curling iron!.....Even though Sunday on the Island was a long day we had a really great time together. The weather couldn’t have been more perfect! I owe Steve a big thank you for putting up w/ my picture taking & shopping habits…he had to stop & wait for me every 5 mins.... :) It's all good though, as you can see I really got some great shots!.....AND I didn’t only shop for myself, I picked up a few early Christmas gifts for some of the special people in our lives!...Plus I finally found 2 candle sticks that match our black & white guest bedroom! I was looking for black ones but never could find any…luckily I found a black & white pair that had a funky swirl print! Score!.....So now that I have experienced this awesome place it is my turn to tell you that if you ever travel to RI, Block Island is a MUST SEE…Don’t forget to check out the video we made on the ferry, it’s a few blog posts down.
*
Random…yesterday I got home from work & there was a package at the door….I was like uh oh, what did I order & forget about? ;) I opened it up and to my surprise was a Redken bottle of shampoo & conditioner, along w/ letter & a $25 gift card to ULTA. The note stated “CONGRATS”! As I read it I realized that I was one of the 1st 200 people to fill out an ULTA salon comment card & won the prize they were giving away! HA! Woo! Hoo! It definitely pays to fill those out!
*
TONIGHT: Just another perk to add to the list for working in the Sales department here at COX….I have been invited to attend the Showtime dinner cruise on the water in Newport this fine evening…& get this...I can bring Steve w/ me! The cruise includes transportation to & from the boat & the “6 D’s”….dinner, drinks, dessert, dancing, DJ & door prizes! I have been told it’s a night to remember!
*
OK last thing I swear…..speaking of door prizes…..Yesterday Steve went golfing w/ his work buddies @ CVS…it was a tournament actually. He walked away w/ a $50 country club gift card since his team came in last place…(Mike & Lee…you would be proud of him…HA!) & a pair of really nice Adidas golf shoes! Cool huh?
*
No really, these are the last 2 things… 1. Three days till I go brunette!!!!! 2. Four days till the Sugarland concert at the Big E fair in Mass w/ the gang!!!!!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

i've never heard of people winning so much free stuff. if you get anything interesting that you don't want - send it my way. as long as it's not jessica simpson related. bahahaah.

Sharon said...

I love ULTA! I get my hair done there!

P.S. I love the pictures. Very cute!