April 8, 2009

4 THINGS

1. MILK: It does a body good! Even for Molly...

2. FEAR OF STAPLING: When I was a lil girl back in Elementary school we used to have to bring in & present current events. After we presented them to the teacher & the class we had to staple them up on a board that was in the classroom. One fine day I went to staple my current event & ended up stapling my thumb! NO JOKE. It hurt like hell! It was the worst feeling in the world! I remember staring down at my thumb w/ a staple sticking out of it. I had to go to the nurse & have it removed. Not a fun process let me tell you! NOW...every time I use a stapler at my desk I think about this not so fun memory. It seriously haunts me, I can't be too careful!.....So, to all of you people who staple out there...please use caution!


3. WONDER HANGER: My new closest sooooo needs this.


4. HE WON: Steve that is! Steve won a baseball/softball glove at work yesterday! He brought it home for me to start using. It's been forever since I've thrown a ball around. I can't wait to break the leather in! Thanks babe!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think i was 7, I was at the doctors because I had stuck a souvenir German pick ax in my left ear, punctured my eardrum and lost 30% of my hearing in that ear (still the case). While the doctor was telling my mom about it, I was playing with his oversized medical stapler. My mom told me to leave it alone. They kept talking, I kept playing and BAM, there is now a big ass, shiney staple in my finger! I didn't know what to do, cause if you know Kate you know FEAR, and I was doing what I had been told not to do. I stood there with my back to both of them as the room grew quiet, staple in my finger, pondering what to do next. After a while, the doctor says, "Son, are you ok?" And with my chin quivering, I reply, "Yes, sir." So he asks, "Did you just staple your hand?" Without saying anything, I slowly turned around with my chin still quivering and he says, "Looks like someone should have listened to mom." He held my hand, yanked the staple out, got hit with my blood as it spurted out, and then gave me a band-aid. It was the last time I ever used a stapler; I just have loose papers all over my desk all the time. That's my story for the day.

Sharon said...

I totally need those hangers!!

p.s. Ouchie on stapling your thumb!