April 15, 2009

EASTER WEEKEND

I'll work backwards for this one....

SUNDAY: Steve & I slept in, headed out to Waterplace Restaurant in Providence for Easter brunch & then came home & packed! No, we didn't go to church...yes, I know...we are "bad". The brunch was sooo yummy! There was so much to choose from! Their French toast & chicken marsala was to die for!...I am so glad we checked it out! The weather was a bit chilly for us though to dress up but we did it anyway. Too bad I haven’t mastered taking "self portraits" of us. I should have asked someone to take a photo of us in front of the bridge. Steve had a dress shirt, dress pants & a tie on & I had a cute pink ruffled top w/ black dress pants on. It was just way too chilly to take off our quotes for a quick photo op! I'll have to settle w/ the one below... oh well. And yes, I do have hair. Even though it was a lovely outing together, next year I definitely want to be w/ family. Maybe one day we will have the opportunity to celebrate this holiday & other holidays with BOTH of our families! I would love that.

Providence...to the left of the water is where Waterplace Restaurant is.

The Easter bunny made Steve work for his basket of goodies! He had to hunt for 16 eggs! Each of them was filled w/ an "I love you because....". Who know the Easter bunny was so clever & romantic? ;)
FREE pampering sessions @ the W Salon for eating at Waterplace Restaurant Easter Sunday! SCORE!
SATURDAY: We woke up early & headed out to Plainfield, CT in the pouring rain to check out Amazing Furniture w/ Bryan & Sue. We were a bit disappointed w/ this place. We thought it was cheaper then Bob's where we are eying a few pieces but it was definitely not. Bob's definitely has better prices & displays their furniture a whole lot better then this warehouse. Afterwards we went to Mary & Joe's son's 1st birthday party. There was a ton of family & friends there. Lots of food & lots of gifts! We ended up getting lil Joey an alligator blow up swimming pool for the backyard & some swim shorts! Mary & Joe seemed to LOVE our gift!...Afterwards we stopped by Matt & Nichole's house (Steve's bro & sis-in-law) to catch up for a bit. We brought Steve's nieces Easter stuffed animals. We gave Leah a big soft yellow duck & lil Avery a small blue bunny. Leah's reaction was priceless when I handed it to her! She had a big smile on her face when I told her it was for her. Too cute! About an hour or so later we headed back to our apt in RI & had a low key evening...the rain continued throughout the evening.
How cute is he?

FRIDAY: Steve's old work buddies invited out for a mini reunion since Michelle was in town from PA. We met up w/ them at the funky & unique hotel NYLO. It was so nice to see everyone. When we found them in the back of the bar you could tell they had all been drinking for quite a while! Too funny! They were all up dancing around, singing & having a great time together! Of course my shyness took over; I ended up just standing back & hanging out w/ Steve & eventually w/ Missy & Joe when they arrived. If I ended up having a few more drinks I’m sure I would have joined them! We hung out for about 2 hours, chatted (even though it was VERY loud in there) & then eventually went on home. Steve realized the drinks were a bit pricey so we took it easy & just chilled. Thanks for the invite girls! It was good to see you all....until next time!
Girls, girls girls...
Me & Missy!
Sue, Joe & Missy...
Sue, Steve & Me...

No comments: