September 30, 2009

CAN'T KEEP MY HANDS OUT THE COOKIE JAR

Sunday night Steve & I ventured out to Eastern Conn State Univ to see the Gym Class Heroes perform! Their 2 big hit songs are "Cupids Chokehold" & "Cookie Jar". Thanks again to Jesse for giving us FREE tickets! GCH is one of Steve's favorite bands! He has been obsessed w/ them for quite a while now. Every chance he gets he tries to introduce them to people. When we walked up to the gym doors we pretty much had a feeling we were going to be the oldest people there since it was on campus. We were right on. HA! I think we were older then everyone by 10-12 years! Minus the band of course. Who cares...because we had a BLAST!!! Completely sober mind you! ;).....The opening act was 30H3...I know you have heard of the song "Don't Trust Me"....the lyrics go...."don't trust a ho!" & "do the Hellen Keller & talk w/ your hips"....Yah, you are probably nodding your head right now. That guy of a 1 man show/2 man group was awesome! He rocked it!.....Finally Gym Class Heroes came out....they were phenomenal!!! We had such an awesome time! They took over the stage & the crowd! They pumped everyone up & put on a fabulous show! We were jumpin' & bouncin' around like little kids. Towards the end of the concert Travis the main guy & the guy with the huge afro stage dived. The band also threw out their guitar picks & drum sticks. I noticed that one of the guitar picks seemed to have landed on the floor. I waited until the show was over to dive for it! As I stood up I saw a drum stick go flying into the crowd, I turned around to look at Steve who had actually caught it! Crazy huh? After the show most of the band did an autograph signing in the gym lobby. Steve was in heaven. I took a ton of photos w/ my new camera. Love how they look...check em out!

30H3


GYM CLASS HEROES











No comments: