May 24, 2010

7 THINGS

1. Friday night Amy came over so we could have some 1 on 1 Amy & Shannon time! We were going to stay in the area for dinner but decided to check out 85 Main (http://www.85main.com/) in Putnam, CT! We sat outside under the sun, ate, drank, chatted & people watched. After dinner we checked out this cute lil art shop called “The Silver Circle Studio” (www.SilverCircleStudio.com) filled with a silent auction & unique trinkets! Amy found 2 adorable/funky feathered headbands-1 for herself & 1 for her daughter! Annnd I found this one of a kind vintage re-creation gold sunflower necklace that I’m wearing today along w/ these Pin Up Girls coaster set from www.OhHowCuteCoasterCo.com
2. I lied again...HA...yep...so this weekend wasn’t entirely about ME. Saturday we had Sue's SURPRISE bridal shower @ Adam's Mill in Manchester, CT @ 11am! Holy surprises for Sue lately! HA! I think she was a bit shocked….photos to come this week! But in the mean time here are 2 photos of the location…

3. I organized our house from TOP to BOTTOM this weekend! I feel soooo good about the HUGE project I took on while Steve was @ Bryan’s bachelor party w/ the boys for 3 days!

4. Our bedroom officially has a peacock theme! Peacock feathers, peacock wreath, peacock curtains from Pier One-which I found on clearance (see photo) & a few other decorative items! It SOUNDS a bit too much but I swear it’s tasteful-yet funky & colorful-just how we like it!
5. Tonight is date night w/ my hubby!!! I heart date nights! Since I thought Putnam was such a cute area Friday night I’m bringing Steve back to the quaint lil town this evening! We have a
http://www.restaurant.com/ $25 coupon certificate that we purchased for only $2! We are using it @ the Italian place called “Bella’s Bistro”…YAY for having dinner outside again! I love this weather!
6. CONGRATS TO MIKE HOKE & HIS NOW FIANCE KAT!!! They got engaged Saturday on the beach in California! Message in a bottle style! What an adorable proposal story! The bride-to-be is beaming!
7. MY PARENTS ARE VISITING THIS LONG MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND!!! WOO! HOO! I am so excited about their trip up this way. For once we will really get to share some quality time with them in CT. All of their other trips have been so hectic. We are going to do a lil sight seeing, relaxing, memory making & weather enjoying! I AM PUMPED!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the sunflower necklace find (gorgeous!)and the peacock bedroom theme! I'm really loving the peacock blues right now... we painted our bedroom in a peacock tealish blueish color back in August and I'm STILL loving. We have a tropical theme though. I can image the royal blue wall looks awesome with the feather decor. Pictures please!