July 16, 2009

HOMEBOUND & OPPOSITS ATTRACT

@ 6pm on the dot tonight Sue & I will be heading to my neck of the woods for my "take a walk on the wild side" animal print themed bridal shower!!! WILD huh? Animal print attire & or accessories have been encouraged! I am stoked!!! I can't wait to see my family & girl friends! And I can't wait to introduce everyone to Sue who has been such a great friend to me up here!.....It's crazy though...I can't believe the wedding celebrations have begun...The past 7.5 months have flown by! I am sooo excited that things are just around the corner but at the same time I am a bit sad that the engagement period is almost over. Has anyone else ever felt this way? I’m obviously on cloud 9 & cant wait to become Steve's wife but I am a lil depressed that this stage of my life is coming to an end....I know its a good thing & I have so much more to look forward to,but still....Anyway...the drive is going to be a looooong one tonight, BUT it will be worth waking up @ home in the morning. Besides being pumped I am a lil nervous about having all of the attention on me. As you know, I am not the type of person that likes to be in the spot light. At all, even around friends & family. I am still a lil shy when it comes to being the center of attention around my loved ones. Not to mention I am a bit nervous as to what my girls have planned for me! I hear a quiz about how well I know Steve is in the works...my luck, ill fail. HA! ;) Uh oh... All in all it's going to be a wonderful weekend, I know I am going to make some wonderful memories & I know I'll come back prepared to share many wonderful photos w/ all of you!!!

Ooooh yes...in-between everything, I plan to meet up w/ my boys, Michelle & Rebecca on Friday for wings @ Greenbriar shopping center in Chantilly. This is an on going tradition for all of us. I miss our wing nights terribly.

This is the house I grew up in, Franklin Farms to be exact in Herndon, VA...my parents sold it roughly 6 (???) years ago...I was devastated! I wanted them to stay in that house forever...and then I wanted to buy it from them. I loved it! I had sooo many great memories in that house, on that private drive and in the cul-de-sac that led up to it. That is why when Steve & I were searching for homes I told him that my surroundings just HAD to be similar. :).....My sis says that when I go back to stalk it tomorrow I should knock on the door and ask if I can look around inside. I wish I had the nerve to do that, just like all the other times I'm sure I'll end up just driving by.....

BUT then when my parents moved out they ended up buying this house in Charles Town, WV...When my sister & I first heard about them moving out of state to yeee haw WV I thought, holy hick home. Little did I know they were looking for a house in a brand new beautiful neighborhood that included a gorgeous yard and a sweet in ground swimming pool (which I plan to lay out at) in the backyard! Even though I miss my old house I absolutely love their new one. :)

These are my 3 Maid of Honors (yes I have 3, why? because I can!) & bridal shower planners! My fabulous friend Emily, my fabulous friend Natalie & my fabulous sister Ashley. I love these girls to death. I don’t know what I’d do w/o them. All 3 of them are my rock...even though we are all for the most part complete opposites. I'll list a few of their characteristics that describe them so you understand what I’m talking about...I wish I was more like them...

EMILY: hyper, smart, talkative, very outgoing, super funny, short attention span, beautiful.


NATALIE: fabulous writer, smart, sports junkie, grumpy gus, funny, super sarcastic, beautiful.ASHLEY (& LOU): ex cheerleader, strong, doesn't put up w/ BS, outgoing, smart, grumpy gus, beautiful.

4 comments:

elcw said...

Ash & Nat deserve all the credit! I am the spaz on the west coast who can't seem to get herself together and organize....admitting it is the first step in the right direction right? ;o)
Thank you for the nice things you said about me littles!!!
LOOOOVE YOU!
XOXOX
Em

Matthew, Eve, Noah, Noelle, and Brooke said...

gorgeous new house, gorgeous girls!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for telling the world that I'm a grumpy gus, you brat. I much prefer the term "moody."

And stop fretting. It's going to be fun. :-)

...Yvonne said...

just thought you'd like to know that your always wonderful blogs inspired me to start my own personal random one... http://yvonnessweetescape.blogspot.com/

don't you feel loved? haha