October 7, 2009

RIP MOLLY: 1992-OCT 6, 2009

I walked into the house from work yesterday only to find that Molly had gone off to heaven….As sad as I am, I am a bit relieved as well. Steve & I had discussed about possibly putting her down if she didn't float on in the next few days…I know she lived a good life & I know that it was her time to go…but it’s still hard. When Steve got home we wrapped her in a fluffy towel & found a nice spot to burry her---right in between two trees that stand out in our side yard. Steve suggested I write her a lil note, so I did. We laid her to rest w/ her note & favorite cat nip toy. I was a bit bleh last night thinking about her being gone but my family & friends reassured me that it was for the best & that she is happier now. Thank you everyone for your kind words, thoughts & prayers. We appreciate it so much…This weekend I hope to take a trip down the road w/ my Mom to this beautiful yard art store. I would love to find a nice stone or grave marker of some sort. She would really like that...Rest in Peace Molly….you were the best cat a girl could ever ask for…

5 comments:

...Yvonne said...

awww Shannon. I'm so sorry. we're sort of going through the same thing with my family dog. he's 17 yrs old lol. any day now, right?

anyhow... your friends and family ARE there for yah! it definitely is better off this way. no more suffering for the lil puppy :) take care of yourself!!! and smile!! we love you!!!

Matthew, Eve, Noah, Noelle, and Brooke said...

Shannon I am so sorry to hear about sweet Molly. She certainly was a lucky little cat to have you love her all of these years! Thinking of you.

Sharon said...

AWW Shannon I'm so sorry hunnie!! :( Take care of yourself and try to smiling. I know its hard but just think, she is in no longer in pain.

<3

Natalie said...

Molllllllllly will be missed! I loved having her a part of our roommate adventures and I'll remember her always. :) The headstone idea is lovely!

Our Lovely Life said...

I'm so sorry Shannon. I think it's good that she was able to pass in peace at home though. She probably just went in her sleep. Which I think is the best way. Big hugs to you and Steve(even though I've never met him!). I hope you find something nice for your yard, so you'll always know where she is!