October 16, 2009

VINTAGE PLATINUM

Since everyone has been asking...THIS is my wedding band! :) It's a family heirloom-my great Aunt Mary's wedding band to be exact from 1952. Vintage platinum. :) After my great Aunt passed away the ring was given to my Grandmother. I had ALWAYS had my eye on it growing up. I was completely in love with it & everyone in my family knew it. To my surprise on my 25th birthday my Grandparents gave me the ring as a surprise gift. It brought me to tears instantly! I could not believe such a beautiful piece was passed down to me. It meant so much. As much as I wanted to wear it all the time I kept it tucked away safe & sound in my jewelry box in hopes to wear it as my own band one day. After Steve & I had met when the time was right I showed him the ring & mentioned that I would love to have an engagement ring one day that went with the 1952 style................Fast forward....during our wedding ceremony we made a point to mention the family heirloom that I was going to be wearing. Sandy our Justice of the Peace explained that it was my great Aunt Mary's & how special it was to me. It was a very nice personal touch that we added, I'd have to say. One day I hope to pass it on, I know it will put a smile on my future daughter's and/or granddaughter's face as well...

(don't mind the royal blue nail polish-it's in preparation to be a bridesmaid this weekend)

No comments: