November 9, 2009

BREAKTHROUGH

I picked up a copy of Colbie Caillat's new CD "Breakthrough" last week...I am a HUGE fan of her. Rebecca-you soooo need to get this! It's even better then her first one that I sent to you for your birthday!.....I love purchasing CD's, I love the excitement of unwrapping the plastic & seeing what's inside. Love it when an artist provides their lyrics, love reading the thank you's & love looking at the photos inside. Again, I love the little things.... I don't know if this is a coincidence or anything but after my "CALL ME...HUG ME...LOVE ME" post I brought this CD home only to read the note she wrote to her fans on the inside booklet...It made me tear up a bit... My favorite songs= 1, 6, 7 & 8

“Hi! These songs are about growing up, experiencing life, love, making mistakes, and learning from them. I recently learned something about myself. For a lot of us, when life gets hard to deal with & keep up with, it becomes easier to give up on & let go of. I found myself doing that a lot & I was slowly falling apart. But…I woke up from it. I realized I wasn’t happy settling for less or letting myself become someone I wasn’t supposed to be due to laziness. I had to Breakthrough my fears, my insecurities & my self doubt. There are so many battles that we all have to go through in life that are for us to learn from, we grow stronger from them. I just learned this. I want to remind myself & everyone out there that we had to Breakthrough all the little things we tell ourselves we can’t do because we are scared, and just step up & do them. This record is about becoming the person you want to be, having will power & letting nothing hold you back. So try not to let great things pass you by, start making things happen that you really want in life! I hope these words help you, if you are in need of them…” ~Colbie Caillat~

No comments: